Medical oil-free compressors
SF-MED: Oil-free scroll compressors for medical applications
Atlas Copco’s SF-MED range of oil-free compressors are especially designed to be a part of a Medical Air Plant. These ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 certified compressors are easy to operate and maintain and have a minimal footprint to save space in your facility. SF compressors eliminate the risks of oil contamination while providing an efficient, reliable and highly cost-effective source of pure, oil-free air.
- Certified 100% oil-free air – SF-MED compressors provide 100% pure, clean air that complies with ISO 8573-1 CLASS 0 (2010) certification. CLASS 0 means zero risk of contaminating hospital pipelines; zero risk for patients; zero risk of damaging expensive equipment (e.g., anesthesia machines); and zero risk of damaging your hospital’s hard-won professional reputation. In 2006, Atlas Copco was the first manufacturer in the world to receive such certification for an oil-free compressor.
- Energy efficiency – SF-MED scroll compressors are ideal for applications where flexibility and energy efficiency are crucial.
- Low maintenance – SF-MED scroll compressors stand for simplicity and reliability. The scroll design has a minimal number of moving parts, ensuring a long operating life with a minimum number of service interventions.
- Advanced control and monitoring – To maximize efficiency and reliability, the Elektronikon® MkV controls the main drive motor and regulates the system. In combination with the ES-Medical Central Controller, your Medical Air Plant is under full control and monitoring.
- Full compliance – The Medical Air Plant uAIR series based on SF-MED compressors is precertified according to MDD 93/42/EEC, which simplifies your installation and commissioning process. It is designed and manufactured according to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and the ISO 13485:2003 quality management system and surpasses the requirements of the most demanding standards and regulations such as:
- Medical Device Directive MDD 93/42/EEC
- European pharmacopoeia
- EN ISO 7396-1
- ISO 14971
- Health Technical Memorandums HTM 02-01 and HTM 2022.
Online tool assists with correct sizing of Medical Air Plants
It is a common task for hospital engineers, developers or medical specialists to select the appropriate components for a hospital’s medical air plant. To help with this often complex task, Atlas Copco introduces a new medical air plant calculation tool. This software tool assists with selecting the size and quantity of the compressors needed, as well as the medical purifiers and the vessels for a specified flow requirement.
- Units: Imperial
|Capacity FAD (l/s, cfm)||4.4 - 62.9 cfm|
|Max working pressure||145 psi|
|Installed motor power||3 - 29.5 HP|
|Weight||275 - 1500 lbs|
- Units: Metric
|Capacity FAD (l/s, cfm)||3.4 - 29.7 l/s|
|Max working pressure||10 bar|
|Installed motor power||2.2 - 22 kW|
|Weight||125 - 680 kg|